Why Sealcoating? Besides extending the life of the driveway & saving tons of money...
- Seals Out Water
Once water enters the asphalt it slowly destroys it by expanding and contracting during freeze / thaw cycles. Small defects open up admitting more water, causing more damage. Larger defects join together forming cracks. Cracks join up creating a pothole. Sealcoating seals the small defects and stops the cycle. Larger existing cracks are filled with a rubberized acrylic sealant.
- Bonds the Fine Top Layer of Pavement
- Weather, wear, and tear eventually loosens the top layer of asphalt leading to erosion and exposing more asphalt. The sealcoating arrests the erosion of the fine particles and a small amount of particles are added in the sealcoating to replenish the asphalt surface.
- Prevents Gas and Oil Damage
The high quality asphalt sealant and rubberized additive package used is formulated to reduce gas and oil damage much better than bare asphalt.
- Prevents Oxidation
Sealcoating your driveway blocks the sun’s ultraviolet rays that harden and dry out asphalt surfaces accelerating cracking and erosion.
- Makes your Driveway Easier to Maintain
The smooth and level surface of a properly sealed driveway is easier to sweep. Sealcoating also makes it easier to remove leaves and snow. The dark black color actually absorbs the suns rays better helping melt and dry that last bit of snow.
- Improves the Appearance of Your Home or Business
Sealcoating your driveway restores the rich slate black color of your driveway. The driveway is one of the first things a visitor or customer sees.
- Saves time and the hassle of doing it yourself
Sealcoating your asphalt driveway adds additional curb appeal along with your finely manicured lawn and shrubbery.